THIS WEEK: HIGH SCHOOL RECRUITING PROGRAM PART 14; AN INTERVIEW WITH SFC MICHAEL LONG
Providing ongoing, mobile sustainment training to stimulate success and promote professionalism.
Welcome to Tuesday Training Podcast…a conversation and collaboration between Army National Guard Recruiters. This week, because of your efforts, lives will be changed, legacies will be started and generations will be impacted as you serve our citizens, by bringing the best and brightest into our organizations. What you do matters…..you make a difference..
Interview with SFC Michael Long, CA ARNG
Some key concepts to listen for:
- What is his view of the impact he is having on students, his community and the ARNG?
- What language do you have to speak at the schools?
- Recruiting is something that happens when _____________?
- What is his mindset as he communicates with his schools?
- What is his primary vehicle he uses to assist the schools?
Here is an article about SFC Long who was the top recruiter in California in 2015. He is an ordinary guy who has applied his craft in an extraordinary way. This article is really focused on the 8 high school seniors in Marysville High School who completed Army Basic Training this last summer. SFC Michael is a tremendous model of success for each of us.