THIS WEEK: School Recruiting Program Part 3 (Pre-Visit)
This week we discuss intelligence data gathering prior to establishing a unique high school recruiting plan. We look at “report card” information available on most Department of Education websites. We also pick through District and School websites to learn how we might engage a high school with the ARNG story.
Pre-Visit Intelligence Gathering
State Department of Education
- Report Card: Report Card Youtube video
- District Enrolment 2001
- Standardized Tests
- Teacher/Student Ratio
- Low income 34%
- College going rate 61%
- College Remediation rate 25%
- Graduation rate falling to 79%
School Website: http://fhs.fayar.net/
- Who maintains the website
- Vision and Mission Statement – know and use
- (From Website) Fayetteville High School is widely recognized as one of the top high schools in the state and region due to the outstanding performances by our students and staff. Our wide variety of academic, artistic, technological, and athletic offerings has something for every student.
- FHS students annually lead the students in performance on Advanced Placement exams, with 69% of the students receiving a score of 3 or better, which qualifies them for college credit at many institutions. Also, we have FIVE students currently enrolled who made a perfect score of 36 on the ACT exam!
- Our beautiful state-of-the-art campus was completely transformed and now has over 500,000 square feet of space to serve grades 9-12.
- Check us out and learn why Purple Pride is alive and well at Fayetteville High School!
- Mission Statement: (from Student Handbook)
- Fayetteville High School (FHS) engages all students In a rigorous, relevant, curriculum to inspire a passion for attaining their highest academic and civic
- Vision Statement: (from Student Handbook)
- All learners engage in challenging, collaborative learning experiences in a personalized environment that prepares them to be continuous learners and successful contributors in their global community.
- Understand leadership structure
- Key faces and names
- Research office assistance – first contact familiarity
- Faculty Contact information – email/website: http://fhs.fayar.net/staff_directory
- FAQ also has POC for all Principals, Assistant Principals; Guidance Counselors; School Resource Officers
- Facility Maps
- Student/Parent Handbook / Policies
- Parent Handbook link (too large to upload)
- Visitor information
- Class schedule – Planning Periods
- BLock Schedule (90 minute classes)
- A / B Days
- (From Parent_Letter_2016-17) For the 2016-17 school year “SMART Block: Students Maximizing Achievement with Resources and Time” will be implemented within two time periods on “B” days.
- • The EDGE Program (9th -Educate, 10th -Develop, 11th -Grow and 12th -Empower) will serve as an advisory. Students will be assigned to a grade level advisor and remain with their EDGE group throughout their stay at FHS. The focus of EDGE will be grade appropriate while targeting graduation and post-secondary planning.
- • The A&E Program (Academics and Enrichment) will encompass time dedicated to clubs, organizations, Teacher Guided Study, tutoring and classroom extension, promoting student success and providing opportunities for academic growth.
- Closed Campus
- School absences
- Job Shadowing
- Parent Teacher Conferences
- College Visits
- Summer School
- Night School