Podcast (training): Play in new window | Download (Duration: 13:39 — 12.9MB) | Embed
We are not what we were yesterday and we are not yet what we will become….but today we commit to engage the target, stay mission focused and practice personal courage by resisting the temptation to be average and face the obstacles that are keeping us from being excellent! Today we move forward…what we do matters…we will make a difference today.
- 2 Minute Leadership Tune-Up
- Perpetually Prospecting
- Change of the Week
2 MINUTE LEADERSHIP TUNE-UP:
- 1-19. Mission command is the exercise of authority and direction by the commander using mission orders to enable disciplined initiative within the commander’s intent to empower agile and adaptive leaders in the conduct of unified land operations (ADP 6-0). Mission command calls for leaders with the ability to build a collaborative environment, the commitment to develop subordinates, the courage to trust, the confidence to delegate, the patience to overcome adversity, and the restraint to allow lower echelons to develop the situation. Specifically, mission command requires that leaders receive training, education, and experience to become—
- Critical and creative problem solvers, agile and able to make decisions in operational environments with uncertainty, complexity, and change.
- Skilled at applying the Army Design Methodology and the operations process.
- Skilled communicators able to create shared understanding and support for the mission.
- Practitioners able to integrate their efforts with unified action partners, sensitive to the operational and strategic implications of their actions.
- Inspirational leaders who are able to engender utmost trust and confidence with and among subordinates and fellow leaders.
- Lifelong students of the Army profession.
- Adaptive leaders skilled in the art and science of influence, including negotiation and mediation.
5C Selling – Infographics
Fox News Video of an interview with SGT Theresa Vail with the Kansas Army National Guard and also Miss Kansas who finished in the Top 10 in the Miss America Pageant. She speaks of how important the Army National Guard has been to her success. She will be the main subject of a new reality TV series entitled Limitless on the Outdoor Channel
CHANGE OF THE WEEK:
EXPERT BADGE TRAINING
Troop Leading Procedures Video
King Solomon: If the iron is blunt, and one does not sharpen the edge, he must use more strength, but wisdom helps one to succeed. (Ecclesiastes 10:10 ESV)